photo: EMSEP students at the campus
Application period for the next Academic Year (2019-2020): spring 2019
Photo: School of Physical Education & Sport Science (Trikala city)
Bachelor's degree in Sport Science, Psychology, Social Psychology, Health Science or another relevant field
Proof of English language proficiency
You can prove your English
language skills either with a previous degree completed fully in
English in an English-speaking country (USA, Canada, New Zealand,
Australia, Great Britain or Ireland) or with one of the following
* TOEFL<http://toefl.org> (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
minimum score of 580 (paper-based) or 92 (Internet-based).
* IELTS<http://ielts.org> (Academic) minimum score of 6.5
* PTE<http://pearsonpte.com/pteacademic> (Academic) minimum score of 59
* CAE<http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-qualifications/advanced/%E2%80%8E> or CPE<http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-qualifications/proficiency> with grade A, B or C
Please send us:
- A letter of intent, explaining why you want to study in this program.
- Your Curriculum Vitae.
- Your university degrees (with official translation in English language if required). Current students expecting to graduate until summer might provide an official letter from their university confirming that they finished all requirements to obtain their degree.
- For graduates from non-English speaking universities: A proof of your proficiency in English language.
Candidates should submit their applications along with all the necessary accompanying documents (proofs) for their University degrees, Diplomas of English language, publications or presentations of scientific papers, relevant work experience, etc.
Applicants will be also invited to participate in an online interview in the 2nd or 3rd week of June.
International or European applicants submitting their application earlier than 30 of April will receive feedback from us. This might help them to present better themselves in the interview process or to provide supplementary documents if required.
The University of Thessaly will award a double degree in collaboration with the University of Jyvaskyla, to students who will complete successfully a minimum of 30 ECTS (one semester) at the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland.
The Students’ Selection Committee
Applications and accompanying documents should be submitted to the registry of the department and forwarded to the Students’ Selection Committee. The committee is responsible to:
- Check for the timely submission of the applications.
- Check the language efficiency of candidates. The knowledge of the English language is documented (at minimum) with the First Certificate in English. Graduates from an English speaking University are excluded from the aforementioned criterion.
- Evaluate the submitted documents and calculate scores for each candidate based on the following point system
tel +3024310 47044, +30 24310 47024
Postgraduate Program of Studies
Department of Physical Education and Sport Sciences
University of Thessaly
Thank you for your interest in our program.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!